Memorandum of Understanding Signed Between PROFECO and BBS
The Government of the United Mexican States, through the Federal Consumer Protection Agency (PROFECO) and the Government of Belize, through the Belize Bureau of Standards (BBS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Consumer Protection on Monday, July 20, 2015 during a visit of the Belize Foreign Ministry in Mexico.
The objective of the Memorandum of Understanding is to establish and develop cooperation activities between both participants with respect to guiding policies, protection and defence of consumers with these activities following the relevant laws, rules and regulations in force in each respective country
With Mexico as one of Belize's most important trading partners, it is imperative that as Consumer Protection Agencies, the BBS and PROFECO establish a formal working relationship. This Memorandum of Understanding represents the first step in recognizing and addressing the challenges posed by possible cross-border fraudulent, deceptive commercial practices and in seeking to improve the effectiveness of the enforcement of each countries applicable Consumer Protection Laws. Through these efforts, both agencies have committed to advancing the protection and safety of goods and services used by consumers in each respective country.
For further information please contact us at:
3rd Floor Diamonds Building Belmopan, Belize, C.A. P.O. Box 430
Hotline: 0-800-2-TELL-US (0-800-283-5587)
Latest from CROSQ Secretariat
- CROSQ Celebrates Technological Advancements on World Standards Day
- CROSQ Brings International Attention to Standards Work With UL Partnership
- CROSQ Makes Quality Links Across Africa and the Pacific
- Grenada Kicks Off National Quality Policy Development
- CROSQ Releases New Energy Efficiency Standards Developed in Collaboration with the International Code Council and ASHRAE