CDB/CROSQ CARTFUND Project
“Strengthening the Capabilities of Testing Laboratories in the Caribbean to Reduce Technical Barriers to Trade”
This project is funded through the Caribbean Aid for Trade and Regional Integration Trust Fund (CARTFund), a Trust Fund financed by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) and administered by the Caribbean Development Bank.
The objective of the project is to strengthen the capabilities of testing laboratories in CARIFORUM Member Countries so they can provide reliable, competent, internationally recognised, and affordable testing services to exporters.
Overall, the proposed project will yield the following benefits to the region:
- Three (3) internationally accredited laboratories which are able to provide more cost effective and internationally accepted testing services;
- Seventeen (17) testing laboratories in the region are upgraded and have initiated the process towards international accreditation;
- Improved access to less costly (approximately 50% saving on pre-intervention costs) and internationally accepted testing services within the Caribbean region for exporters and producers in the priority sectors;
- Caribbean exporters have improved access to EU, North American, Caribbean and other international markets;
- Increased awareness among producers and exporters with regard to the importance of standards, quality and testing services;
- Increased collaboration among key regional stakeholders involved laboratory accreditation; and
- Safer products are available in regional markets.
The project is of twenty-two (22) months duration.
For further information, please contact the Project Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.