Additional Contact Information
Region Two Sub Office:
Anna Regina, Guyana Revenue Authority Building, Takuba Lodge Compound
Tel: +592 771 5100
Region Three Sub Office:
Vreed En Hoop, Regional Democratic Council Administration Office
Tel: +592 264 2294
Region Six Sub Office: New Amsterdam, Regional Democratic Council Administration Office
Tel: +592 333 4017
Region Nine Sub Office: Airport Road, Culvert City, Lethem
Tel: +592 772 2268 or 2115
The Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS), operating under the Ministry of Business is a semi-autonomous governmental organization responsible for standards and quality in Guyana.
GNBS was established in March 1985, under Act No. 11 of the year 1984. It has the legal status of a statutory corporation governed by a National Standards Council (NSC), which is appointed by the Minister of Business.
The GNBS is a self-revenue generating agency and is also funded by the Government of Guyana. It is the only National Standards Body in Guyana. It is also an ISO 9001:2015 certified agency.
The GNBS is headed by an Executive Director and a Deputy Director who work in alignment in the operations of the agency. The Executive Director has responsibility of overseeing the corporate departments while the Deputy Director oversees the technical departments.
- Human Resources and Administration
- Information Communication and Technology
- Marketing and Communications
- Business Support Services
- Calibration and Testing Services
- Certification Services
- Legal Metrology Services
- Product Compliance Services
- Standardization Services
To develop and implement the National Quality Infrastructure in partnership with key stakeholders towards sustainable socio-economic development and consumer protection.
To be the premiere National institution for standards and quality in Guyana.
Our Core Services
- Calibration and Testing
- Certification (Product, Laboratories & Auditing)
- Goods Inspection
- Standards Development
- Training and Consultancy
- Supports trade and enhances business competitiveness through standards.
- Facilitates business growth and development- standards are implemented to help industry enhance its efficiency and the quality of products offered for sale.
- Support the establishment of a National Quality Infrastructure-key services, such as verification, calibration, testing and certification are offered to the National Framework to ensure quality products and services
- Protects consumers- standards are enforced to protect Consumers from poor quality products and services.